12.7.14 at 10:20 AM with
So from July 2nd to July 8th I was in Seattle, Washington to visit family from my mom's side for vacation. It's funny because the weeks leading up to the trip were going by so slow but the vacation itself went by in the blink of an eye. but! it's okay, I'll be seeing 2 of my cousins next August for KCON so that's exciting! I actually posted a lot of photos from my trip on instagram, but I think writing about my trip would be better.




arrived at San Diego international airport around 6:30pm since out flight was at 8:45pm. our planned arrival time in Seattle was close to midnight. the flight wasn't too bad, though airplanes do get really cold but the seats now have chargers! which quite honestly I was totally mind blown by, LOL.

I got to my uncle's house around 1am and didn't sleep till about 3am since I was hanging out and talking with 2 of my cousins, Jon & Alicea.

later that day me & my younger cousin went to this French bakery to pick up my parents' anniversary cake (they were married July 7th, 1991 but we were celebrating it early)

I actually don't have any photos of the actual cake because they cut it before I had the chance ;;

we got a bunch of macarons though. they were suuuuuuper sweet. not sure if I want to eat them again, haha.

$6 for 6 macarons... and they were small. so expensive!!!!

 on the 4th of July we went to my cousin Heidi's house for a bbq to celebrate her son's 5th birthday! Trent was born on July 3rd, 2009

there was also a fruit tart to accompany the cake (I personally like this more, hehe)

early the next morning we were road tripping up to Vancouver for some shopping before heading on up to Whistler, where the 2010 Olympics were held! what took me by surprise was that t-mobile had texted me right after we crossed the border saying that internet usage and calling would be charged at the international rate. ugh, at least texting was still unlimited. it felt so weird not to have 4g.

the trip took about ~3 hours from Seattle and the first thing we did was stop in China town (of course we would....) and we ate. I had dumpling soup but it wasn't that great, honestly, but it was only $5 a bowl so whatever.

After eating we went around a bit and did some shopping in China town (and honestly, there really isn't much there unless you're grocery shopping lol.) when the adults finished up we headed up to Whistler, which was another ~2 hour drive.

we checked in at around 11:30am and after dropping off our luggage in the hotel rooms we decided to walk around the "village" and shop some more (and buy souvenirs! actual clothing stores!)

eventually we made it to the 5 rings statue and took photos. lots and lots of photos. so many photos. 

even though it was summer it was pretty chilly, especially as the sun started setting. and plus, everything is so green. I thought Washington was the evergreen state but Whistler gives it a run for its money.

the view from our hotel room! we stayed at the Hilton hotel & resort. there was a sauna and an indoor hot tub, which was totally awesome. 

we only spent one night at there and on our way back to Seattle we stopped by China town again for food.

I got some regular bubble tea and it was so good! not too sweet, not too bitter. and it was on "sale" for $2.80 hehe

the ride back went by a lot faster and the weather was so beautiful when we were driving through the middle of no where.

that night I ended up watching exo's happy camp while obsessively playing tiny tower. I think I have a problem.

the next day me & my cousins made plans to go to the mall and hang out before we had to go out to dinner with the family. 

I actually didn't buy much of anything until we stopped by target on a whim and got maybelline's baby skin instant pore eraser (it's apparently very similar to the more high-end primers) and the new baby lips crystal. I shall post a review on these soon-ish!

after dinner we decided on the spot to go to the movies, but for like 20 minutes we couldn't decide on which one to see. we ended up seeing Tammy and oh my goodness, I was laughing and snorting so hard through most of the movie my stomach hurt so much. Hilarious.

that night I asked to borrow my younger cousin's copy of The Fault in Our Stars to see what all the hype was about. I couldn't do it. I barely finished the first page before tossing the book aside. it's written in first person and that is literally my biggest pet peeve when it comes to writing of any kind. I can't read anything in first person and it irks me so, so much.

I was kind of sad since this was my last night in Seattle but it was nice since I had a nice heart to heart talk with my cousin Jon and we kinda just.... bonded more I guess. I mean we're the same age, me being a little over a month older, but sometimes it felt like he was so wrapped up in his own world and his own life that I didn't really know who he was anymore. 

spent some quality time with my cousin's dog momo before leaving. gonna miss you, stinker. I hope you'll be able to tell the difference between "sit" and "lay down" the next time I see you.

The day I was leaving we had breakfast at a nearby Viet place and watched the game between Germany and Brazil. I'm not one to be particularly interested in sports but I couldn't help but get into it. I felt so bad for Brazil when Germany scored 3 goals in the first 30 minutes (like what the actual fuck.)

left for the airport at around 4:30pm since our flight was at 7:30pm but my mom was paranoid about traffic (we actually did get stuck in traffic for a good hour or so)


the flight this time around was actually 20 minutes or so shorter than the first one. my dad had fallen asleep almost instantly and my mom was wrapped up on playing games on her ipad. I tried to do some reading but ended up looking out the window and watching the sky change different colors as the sun set. there was also a crying baby a few rows behind me and it wouldn't stop for the majority of the flight. I'm glad I had my music.

and yeah! my trip mostly revolved spending lots of time with family since I only really get to see them maybe once or twice a year, if we're lucky. apparently they're planning a family trip to Australia for next summer but we'll see how that goes since they said we'd be going to Australia next year last year..... lol.

Labels:



最纯真的梦想 已被遗忘在身旁, 跌跌撞撞 反复期望又失望
hello, welcome to my blog. you can call me diana. i'll mostly be posting reviews, hauls, about my travels and the like here.

the past
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.