23.6.14 at 12:55 PM with
hello everyone! today I will be reviewing queen helene's mint julep masque that was recommended to me by my friend daisy! 


I got mine from my local ulta store for $3.99 but you can also find it at walgreens or their official website.

right before I applied the mask, I cleansed my face with st. ive's apricot scrub that I bought at target for $3.79. I really to like this scrub and it's super cheap and affordable! I've used this for about 4+ years now and it's a gentle exfoliate and it also has salicylic acid which helps fight acne.

I think before I continue with the review, I should talk about my skin type and what skin problems I have.
my skin type is combination, and in my case that means my T-zone is super oily and is very prone to break outs while the rest of my face has normal skin. since I started using the acne medication that my doctor prescribe me last year my acne has gone down a lot though I do get the occasional pimple or 2 (which only happens when I'm really stressed or I haven't been eat right.) however, because of this medication it tends to dry out my skin (especially my cheeks) and I'm more prone to break outs along my chin and mouth (which usually means there's a hormone imbalance.) I also have quite a few acne scars across my forehead along with some enlarged pores on my nose and the surrounding area.
The bottle I got has 8 oz. of product inside and when I first applied the mask I noticed that you didn't have to use a lot; a little goes a long way!


according to the website:
Mint Julep Masque is the original natural home treatment to absorb excess oil, and help minimize appearance of pores. Simply apply Mint Julep Masque to your clean face and neck. As it firms and hardens within minutes, it draws out impurities from your pores. After the masque is removed, your skin will feel clean, refreshed and smooth.




 the mask itself  is more of a jade green color and smells like mint (kind of like toothpaste, LOL.) it dries fairly quickly (but that might be because I have the fan on) but you're supposed to leave it on for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.

while the mask was drying it tightens and it felt like it was sucking all of the impurities out of my skin and that was such a wonderful feeling. the smell of mint it is super refreshing and relaxing at the same time. 


pros:
- super affordable!
- it smells really good
- easy to apply and remove
- makes skin feeling soft, clean and supple
- helps shrink enlarged pores

cons:
- kind of messy to apply

overall★★★★★
I really do like this much, a lot. I'm so mad that I've only found it just now instead of sooner. this is my first time using this mask so I wasn't expecting any ~drastic~ changes but I liked that it made my skin feel so fresh and clean and soft to the touch. I also noticed that it did, in fact, help in shrinking my enlarged pores! I think this mask would be such a treat for all skin types and it makes your face feel so refreshed! this will definitely be something I will be using at least once a week~


Labels: , ,



最纯真的梦想 已被遗忘在身旁, 跌跌撞撞 反复期望又失望
hello, welcome to my blog. you can call me diana. i'll mostly be posting reviews, hauls, about my travels and the like here.

the past
instagram
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.